Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6: NaBloPoMo - Happy Anniversary


Today Leif and I have been married for one year. It doesn't seem like terribly much, but the Rough Patch we went through this summer was something to be reckoned with. And there was honestly a point where I didn't think we would make it this far.

No one ever tells you that marriage is The Hardest Job you'll ever have in your life. There is no hand book, no instructional DVD to tell you how to get through the Hard Times. Heck, you don't even know when to expect them until BLAM, IN YO FACE! I know that I'm not special in the fact that marriage is difficult. Though there are times where it seems that no one of the face of this earth could POSSIBLY understand the complete CHAOS that you're in, I'm sure it happens to everyone at least once. For me... well, I don't want to say that it happens more than once, but hey, let's be honest, I'm once divorced!

This past year has taught me a lot about myself and my marriage. Its not all good, but it's not all bad either. And as this calendar year comes to a close I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a loving husband who didn't give up on me, even when I gave up on him. We have a baby on the way that we both wanted so badly and created in love. I have an awesome son who is smart and is succeeding in school. I have a great support system of family and friends who are there when I need them. And I have a personal strength that, as always, continues to amaze me!

Although Leif and I are complete polar opposites (how did I not see this), we compliment each other. We are the true yin/yang and I feel better being a part of that whole. I love you, honey. Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment