Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1: NaBloPoMo

I've never been much of a finisher. But I love to be a joiner!

I've had blogs. I had a great blog at Yahoo!360 that I wrote in religiously. And then with 360 was discontinued a bunch of "us" migrated to Multiply. And then I kind of stopped blogging.

Facebook killed the blogger in me.

Interests changed, people came and went and my blog sat neglected, dusty and unloved. I'd like to say that I've totally "gotten my blog back", but we all know that's not true. (Who am I kidding... again, no one reads this...) And honestly, I'm okay with it. The voyeur in me loves knowing what's in the minds of my friends, in real life and in the blogosphere. The introvert in me doesn't really give a rip if anyone reads this or not.

My favorite part of writing - a blog inparticular - is to get out all the bullshit that you're not allowed to say during the day. Gotta rant about a coworker? Blog it! Hate a family member? Blog it! Have a big secret that you can't tell? Blog it! (I mean, you don't know those readers anyway, right?!) Funny thing about blogging, though. Relationships are built whether you want or expect it to happen anyway. Amazing, isn't it? Sadly relationships can be squashed by the blog as well. I've learned that you should never put ANYTHING out on the Innernets that you wouldn't want someone to read on a piece of paper. Or a bathroom wall. Whatever. It's out there, man! And you can delete it, but it's still out there!

Maybe that's why I decided to start blogging about my crafts...

Will my blogging last? I imagine it will ebb and flow since it has in the early 2000's. Will I manage to at least keep it up through November 2011? Maybe. Time will tell.

In the meantime, Halloween has come and gone. AJ was a scary ghoul thing and spent the first Halloween in 4 years with his dad. I was happy to forgo trick-or-treating this year.

isn't he the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment