Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's in the name?

Can I just say how much I love my title graphic?

This is a picture taken at my boyfriend's parents friends house in Florida. (Try wrapping your head around that one!) He built a home on a small lake - it really is gorgeous. We stayed there with his parents last November when we flew down for the weekend for a family birthday party. Saturday morning we got up to brilliant sunshine, moderate temps (mid-high 70's) and decided to take the canoe out on the lake. The flips are Leif's... his mom took this picture while we were out. It epitomizes my desire for calm, nature at it's best and sheer bliss.

*sigh*

Anyway, I was thinking about my title and how I came up with it. Really, it was nothing. My nickname is Squisha (or, if you're a REALLY good friend, Squishy)... a derivative of Trisha. Clever, eh? And, I craft.

Moreover, in my subtitle I mention just three of my crafts... knitting, quilting and weaving. Funny... these all create somewhat "squishy" items when complete. Squishy socks or a scarf, a squishy lap quilt to curl up by the fire. A squishy dresser runner (which sits on my loom right now.) I thought it was pretty funny and pretty lucky.

Sometimes I just rock like that.

How did you come up with your blog name?

No comments:

Post a Comment