Thursday, November 4, 2010

Old vs. New

In the old days, I would be a blithering idiot by now. Or a complete and utter bitch.
Back then I would have freaked out that Leif's big ol' finger has a very big chance of NOT having a ring for our wedding day.
Back then I would be crushed if I didn't invite a friend to my wedding, and she got slightly hurt by it.
Back then I'd be worried about how everyone else felt about my 6-day engagement.

Today, I realize that when Leif said, "I'm not marrying a ring, I'm marrying you" he meant it. And it's going to be fine.
Today, I realize that not EVERY friend can be invited to a small, on the fly wedding ceremony, but they can party like a rockstar with us in the spring when we have our "wedding reception/open house."
Today, I don't give a rip what anyone thinks about planning a wedding in 6 days.

Our day is going to rock. We're going to be surrounded by family and friends and love and all that gooey crap.

It's a new day. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. More power to you! I think planning in short periods of time is the best and most long-term stress-free living. We planned ours in 30 days. It was beautiful, too! Fun stuff, and awesome memories! :) Congrats and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...talk about blithering idiots...I didn't even think to check the dates on your posts. So..instead, I hope your day was enjoyed. How's married life? :)

    ReplyDelete